Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Attack of the Korean girls

We have seen an emergence of a lot of girl groups from South Korea in the last few years. With catchy songs, sexy dance moves, cute faces, they have melt the hearts of not just music lovers in Korea but all across the globe. As the Korean Wave has strongly swept the Asian region and rapidly making its way beyond Asia, I present you my Top 3 favourite Korean girl groups that had catch my heart with their lovable music. Get ready for these hot girls.


Image from here

3. Brown Eyed Girls

Also known as B.E.G., the group consists of four members and they are; Jea, Ga-in, Narsha and Miryo. Debuted in 2006, some of their hit songs are L.O.V.E and How Come. In 2009, they change their image into a more mature and provocative style with the release of their new album, Sound G. The single from that album, Abracadabra, became a huge success and also sparked some controversy regarding the music video.

Although Abracadabra had been such a huge hit on the web, my personal favourite single from them is How Come. My favourite music video from them is, of course, Abracadabra. With sexy swinging hip moves, what not to like about it. Their latest single, Sign, is also quite addictive to listen to. You can check out the links below for their music videos on YouTube;

How Come
Abracadabra
Sign


Image from here



2. 2NE1

Made up of members CL, Dara, Park Bom and Minzy, the group is more like the girl version of the Korean boy band Big Bang. Created by the same company, YG Entertainment, their debut single Fire was a huge success. Their 2nd single, I Don't Care, was also a big hit. After that, they focus on solo careers before joining back together to release a new single, Try to Follow Me.

Although they have not as many singles as some of the other groups (at least single released as a group, not solo efforts), but their up-beat songs and extraordinary fashion style really caught my attention. Just watch the music video for Try to Follow Me and you'll understand what I mean. CL is definitely my favourite member from the group...no, wait, she's my favourite from all the Korean girl groups that I've known. She's really stood out. You can check the links below for their awesome music videos on YouTube;

Fire
I Don't Care
Try to Follow Me


Image from here

1. Wonder Girls

Currently consists of Sunye, Ye-eun, Sohee, Yubin and Hye-rim, Wonder Girls debuted in 2007 with their single, Irony from their mini-album. Then they released their full-length album, The Wonder Years that feature the hit single, Tell Me. It became so popular that the dance feature in the music video had been followed by fans all over the world. Their other notable hits are So Hot and Nobody. In 2009, they begin to venture into the American market by promoting the English version of the single Nobody. They also joined the Jonas Brothers in their North American leg tour.

Although I had listened to several other Korean female groups like Fin. KL and Baby V.O.X. before, Wonder Girls was the main reason I'm into K-pop right now, and that's also why they are on top of my list. Their infectious songs and dance moves really lightened up my day. And I think I had a crush on Sunye. Anyway, I had posted their music videos in my blog before, just click on the link below. I had also listed the links for the videos at YouTube;

K-pop section
Tell Me
So Hot
Nobody


I hope you enjoy my post about these amazing talents. Feel free to add some comments if you have anything on your mind.

No comments: