Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Freaks are coming!


I love children and young adults novels. Some of the books that I own are from the Pendragon, Septimus Heap, and Artemis Fowl series. While some of the series that I would love to try are His Dark Materials trilogy, Inkheart trilogy and Unfortunate Events series. And as you may already notice, there are many books that were turned into movies. Some of them created interest for me to read the books like the Harry Potter movies and The Golden Compass; but some of them made me uninterested in the book series. So clearly turning books into movies can be quite a risk.

Another book series that had currently been turned into movie is Cirque du Freak. The movie, titled Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant, will be released in the US coming October 2009. I had seen the books in stores several times now and wondered if it's as good as the series that I had. Well, even if I'm not interested, milions of others would beg to differ; the series are currently published in 37 countries and translated to 30 different languages. No wonder they made a movie out of it!

Here's the trailer to the movie courtesy of IGN. You can also click here to visit the official movie website.


No comments: