Tuesday, August 8, 2017

K-pop Female Groups: My 2016 Top 30 Songs ~ No. 10 - No. 1

This will be the third and final part for my 2016 top 30 songs chart from K-pop female groups. If you missed out previous parts, you can click here for Part 1 and here for Part 2. Now let's continue our journey to the top of the chart. Hope you enjoy it!


~ No. 10 ~

Song: Sting
Group: Stellar

Left from top: Gayoung, Hyoeun and Minhee
Right: Jeonyoul

I love Stellar, and I think 2016 was a good year for them; they had released few good songs and one of them was Sting which personally I think is quite a unique song. They still retained their sexy concept for the music video which they were quite known for but a bit less controversy this time.

Watch Sting MV here.


~ No. 9 ~

Song: Navillera
Group: Gfriend

From left in arc direction: SinB, Sowon, Umji, Yerin and Yuju
Center bottom: Eunha

I've mentioned before that Gfriend's songs tend to sound similar to one another but Navillera is one of the few that could easily be distinguished from the rest. It's a catchy song with a fun beat.

Watch Navillera MV here.


~ No. 8 ~

Song: Russian Roulette
Group: Red Velvet

Top from left: Irene, Joy and Seulgi
Bottom from left: Wendy, Yeri

This is a very addictive song. The concept for the music video is very fun with colourful visuals and (surprisingly) with implied violence that is presented in a funny and cheeky way. I love both the song and the music video, they are amazing!

Watch Russian Roulette MV here.


~ No. 7 ~

Song: Don't Believe
Group: Berry Good

Left column from top: Daye, Gowoon and Johyun
Right column from top: Sehyung, Seoyul and Taeha

This is their first time doing a sexy concept for their music video. I'm glad it wasn't that sexy that could take away focus from the song because it is a very cool song. Don't Believe falls under the tropical house genre and I believe this is their first time doing this genre of song as well. They did well even though this is the first time for them to do this type of concept. Well done girls!

Watch Don't Believe MV here.


~ No. 6 ~

Song: Fri. Sat. Sun.
Group: Dal Shabet

Clockwise from top left: Ah Young, Serri, Subin and Woohee

This is an amazing song with such cool beats. I've noticed the views for this music video on YouTube is significantly lower than their older songs which I think is quite ridiculous considering how I think this song is their best song yet. They deserved much more love from the fans with this cool song.

Watch Fri. Sat. Sun. MV here.


~ No. 5 ~

Song: Very Very Very
Group: I.O.I

Top from left: Choi Yoo-Jung, Jeon So-Mi, Jung Chae-Yeon, Kang Mi-Na, Kim Chung-Ha and Kim Do-Yeon
Bottom from left: Kim Se-Jeong, Kim So-Hye, Lim Na-Young, Yu Yeon-Jung and Zhou Jieqiong

A very upbeat and catchy song. Too bad they can't stay as a group for too long but at least they managed to give us this amazing song as a sweet memory. Hopefully they can be together again for a special project or something in the future.

Watch Very Very Very MV here.


~ No. 4 ~

Song: Liar Liar
Group: Oh My Girl

Left column from top: Arin, Binnie and Hyojung
Center from top: Jiho and YooA
Right column from top: JinE, Mimi and Seunghee

The stylists for Liar Liar music video should be paid extra dollars because all the girls look gorgeous in it, their clothing and styling are on point. The colourful settings help as well. But of course the song is what mattered the most and Liar Liar is a very ear-pleasing pop song, I love it!

Watch Liar Liar MV here.


~ No. 3 ~

Song: All Mine
Group: f(x)

Clockwise from top left: Amber, Luna, Krystal and Victoria

I miss f(x), they seldom made a comeback, and even this song is not a proper comeback for them, it's just a song released through the SM Station initiative. Still it's a very good song with a simple yet fun music video. I wish they would release more songs soon because they're really talented and their fans are eagerly waiting for their comeback.

Watch All Mine MV here.


~ No. 2 ~

Song: Crying
Group: Stellar

Clockwise from top left: Gayoung, Hyoeun, Jeonyoul and Minhee

Another great song from the group. To be honest, I didn't like this song when I first heard it but it grew on me over time. The next thing I knew, I kept on repeating listening to it months after it was first released, I never get tired of it. It may sound like a typical dance song but it's so addictive, I can't stop listening to it.

Watch Crying MV here.


~ No. 1 ~

Song: Why So Lonely
Group: Wonder Girls

Clockwise from top left: Hyerim, Sunmi, Yeeun and Yubin

And number one song goes to Why So Lonely by the Wonder Girls! This is an amazing song, it's superb. It's a reggae-pop track and although it's quite upbeat, it got some sadness tinge to it. The music video is good too with the girls look stunning in it. And I love the choreography for this song as well. It's unbelievable how everything works so well with the song.

Watch Why So Lonely MV here.


I hope you have enjoyed my top 30 songs of 2017 from female K-pop groups. It's not an easy task to list these great tracks but I managed to do it. Do you like some of my selection of songs? Which songs are your preference?

No comments: